Posts for tag: doctor appointment
At Connecticut Foot Care Centers, we know that you’re a busy person! That’s why we want to make sure your appointment with our podiatrists Jeffrey S. Kahn, D.P.M., Craig M. Kaufman, D.P.M., Ayman M. Latif, D.P.M.
Before You Go
Taking a few moments before your appointment to gather information and handle preliminary concerns will ensure that your visit goes smoothly and yields maximum help. We recommend the following:
- Contact your insurance company prior to your appointment to find out if a referral is required.
- If you have any special needs, called the office ahead of time and let us know.
- Consider bringing someone with you to the appointment—a second set of ears can be helpful.
- Write a list of all the concerns and questions you have regarding your
podiatriccondition. Check your list before your appointment ends and be sure all your questions have been answered.
- Compile a list of all the medications—prescription and over-the-counter—that you take and give it to the foot doctor. Also, be prepared to let the podiatrist know if you have any allergies, are pregnant or attempting to become pregnant.
- If your foot pain is related to a fitness or sports activity, bring the shoes you wear for the activity. Otherwise, wear a pair of shoes that you use frequently. The foot doctor may want to examine your shoes to check the wear pattern for additional insights about your condition.
Don’t Forget the Follow-up
If the podiatrist has asked you to come back to check on your condition, make the appointment before you leave the office. Schedule any required tests and ask when you can expect the results. If your condition worsens or you have any questions about your diagnosis or treatment after you leave the office, don’t hesitate to contact one of our six Hartford and Middlesex County offices.