Whether you’re headed to a brand new exotic location far across the world or you’re prepping for a relaxing little staycation at the local pool, your checklist can seem endless. Do we have the tickets? Did you pack the fancy dress clothes for a nice night out? Did you pack your swimsuit? Before you check every box on that list though, make sure you include items for your feet! They deserve a nice vacation too.
Here are some great ways to keep your feet happy and healthy no matter where your travels take you:
Pack the right shoes
Consider all the activities you’ll partake in on vacation and pack appropriately:
- If you’re flying, consider wearing easy-on, easy-off shoes for airport security checks. Don’t forget socks either! You don’t want to catch a fungus or bacteria from that airport floor.
- Flip-flops are great for the beach or the pool, but they shouldn’t be your walking shoes. Make sure you pack a pair of lightweight sneakers if you plan on trekking through a town or through nature. If you use orthotic inserts, make sure you pack those too!
- A backup pair of sneakers can be helpful too if your other shoes get wet. Wet shoes can quickly grow bacteria and fungi.
- If you’re hiking or backpacking, make sure you have hiking boots that fit well. Wicking socks are also a must to prevent moisture build-up in your shoes.
Pack a First Aid Kit
Consider your feet when packing a first aid kid and add the following items:
- Bandaids, bandages, and tape
- Moleskin pads that can prevent blisters
- Antibiotic ointment
- Nail clippers
If you return from your vacation with any sort of foot or ankle injury or issue, it’s time to contact your foot doctor! Our team of foot doctors here at Connecticut Foot Care Centers provide the best in foot care and utilizes the newest diagnostic and treatment techniques and technologies! Our friendly and knowledgeable staff has unparalleled experience and can help you at any of our six conveniently located Connecticut offices. Request an appointment today!